Student Organizations Tailgating
The Office of Campus Activities reserves the green space, in between the residence halls, near the Kidd Brewer Stadium, for tailgating and coordinates for all home football games. To be eligible to tailgate, one delegate from a recognized club or organization must have attended a tailgate training session during CORE Conference. Core Conference 2022 is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept 6 OR Wednesday, Sept 7. Tent spaces are approved and assigned by Campus Activities during a first-come-first-served "lottery" for each home game.
Tailgate Request Process
- Tailgate Request – Submit the Tailgate Request form on Engage (opens in a new tab) by noon two days prior to the upcoming game.
- Email Notifications – Notifications will be sent out at least two days before the game. You will be instructed to pick up a pass from Campus Activities prior to gameday, this pass will allow you to access Stadium Drive. If you don't have the pass, you cannot tailgate. A map with assigned tent space, rules and regulations will be emailed to the person who submitted the request form. That person communicates event details with their club members.
- Drop off & Pick up Zones – Hand the Stadium Drive pass on your rear view mirror and follow traffic up Stadium Drive, to the traffic circle in front of Trivette. You will unload and load up right off said traffic circle.
- No Parking – Cars cannot be parked anywhere along the Tailgating route, tailgating location, or at the Drop off/Pick up Zone. Vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Game Day Information
- Tailgate Assistants – Campus Activities provides student Tailgate Assistants who direct you to your tent space, monitor activities, answer questions, and distribute trash and recycling bags. They will be located under the Campus Activities tent.
- Route & Equipment Drop Off – Access Stadium Drive and Jack Branch/Stadium Hieghts route from Rivers Street. The drop off zone is located at the traffic circle behind Trivette. You need one driver to stay with the vehicle at all times and one to two people unloading and moving equipment.
- Setup and Tailgate Start Time – Setup can begin 4.5 hours prior to kick-off, however, alcohol can not consumed until tailgating starts. Tailgating activities can begin 3 hours prior to kick-off (those of age can consume alcohol). For example, if kick-off is at 3:30pm then Setup begins at 11:00am and Tailgating begins at 12:00pm per University Policy.
- Tailgate Stop Time and Breakdown – Tailgating must end thirty minutes before kick-off time. That means your organization will need to breakdown (i.e. ensure tent space and surrounding area are cleaned, supplies and materials packed, tents dismantled and all equipment is removed from Sanford Mall.). For example, if kick-off is at 3:30pm then breakdown begins at 3:00pm per University Policy.
CORE Conference PowerPoint
(coming after September 7)