Student Org. Tailgating
The Office of Campus Activities reserves Sanford Mall for tailgating and coordinates tent assignments for all home football games. To be eligible to tailgate, recognized clubs and organizations must send a delegate to a training session during CORE Conference, August 28 or 29, 2019.* Tent spaces are approved and assigned by Campus Activities during a first-come-first-served "lottery" for each home game.
- Tailgate Lottery Request – Submit the App Sync form on by Tuesday at noon prior to the game on Saturday.
- Email Notification – By noon on Wednesday, assigned tent space, rules and regulations are emailed to the person who submitted the request form. That person communicates event details with club members.
- Tailgate Packets & Drop-Off Parking Passes - Are available for pick-up at McCaskey Center, PSU 244, from noon on Thursday to 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Saturday pick-up is not available. The parking pass allows “drop-off” access at Academy Street where equipment is unloaded and loaded after tailgating.
- No Parking – Cars cannot be parked on Academy Street drop-off zone and will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Tailgate Assistants – Campus Activities provides student Tailgate Assistants who direct you to your tent space, monitor activities, answer questions, and distribute trash and recycling bags. They are located under the Campus Activities tent.
- Equipment Drop-Off - With the move to Sanford Mall, we are completing the final route and directions for the loading zone. More later!
- Tailgate Start Time - Tailgating activities begin no earlier than three hours before game time. If game starts at noon, Tailgating begins at 9 a.m.
- University prohibits tailgating before 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Tailgate Stop Time – Thirty minutes before game time, tent space and surrounding area is cleaned, supplies and materials packed, tents dismantled and all equipment is removed from Sanford Mall.
- Equipment Pick-up - With the move to Sanford Mall, we are completing the final route and directions for the loading zone. More later!
- Trash / Recycling - Trash and recycling bags are distributed by Tailgate Assistants. Each club is responsible for carrying filled trash bags to the dumpsters located at the loading dock of East Hall.
- Recycling bags are taken to the Campus Activities Tent for the physical plan to pick up.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your submission, please contact Adriane Brooks, Student Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or in the Office of Campus Activities (244 PSU) at (828) 262-6252.
Plan to send one delegate on August 28 or 29, 2019 from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Each club is required to send one delegate to Tailgate Training during ONE CORE Conference, which is scheduled for Wednesday, August 28 and Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 5:00-7:30 p.m. Plemmons Student Center.
- Club President’s attendance is preferred. An officer or active club member is accepted.
- Participant must have the authority to monitor and regulate activities during tailgating.
Club Delegate Responsibilities
- Ensures that members and guests adhere to university policies.
- Primary tailgate contact for the University Police and the Office of Campus Activities.
- Submits their name to the Office of Campus Activities before tailgate assignments and parking permits are granted.
- Violations of university policies by clubs, groups or individuals are subject to review and potential disciplinary action.
- Individuals who violate university policies are subject to all appropriate sanctioning through the Student Code of Conduct or the Student Organizational Code of Conduct.