Student Organizations Tailgating
The Office of Campus Activities reserves Sanford Mall for Clubs & Organizations to reserve space to tailgate for all home football games. To be eligible to tailgate, one delegate from a recognized club or organization must have attended a tailgate training session during CORE Conference. Core Conference 2023 is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept 5 OR Wednesday, Sept 6. Tent spaces are approved and assigned by Campus Activities during a first-come-first-served "lottery" for each home game.
Tailgate Request Process
- Tailgate Request – Submit the Tailgate Reservation form on Engage (opens in a new tab)by noon two days prior to the upcoming game.
- Email Notifications – Notifications will be sent out at least two days before the game. A map with assigned tent space, rules, and regulations will be emailed to the person who submitted the reservation form. That person communicates event details with their club members.
- Drop off & Pick up Zones – Drop off/pick up will be located in between I.G. Greer and the Dining Hall. You must have at least two people for drop off/pick up, the driver must stay in the vehicle the whole time. You will be provided a cart to tote all your items to your tailgating location.
- No Parking – Cars cannot be parked anywhere along the Tailgating route, at the tailgating location, or at the Drop off/Pick up Zone. Vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Game Day Information
- Tailgate Assistants – Campus Activities provides student Tailgate Assistants who direct you to your tent space, monitor activities, answer questions, and distribute trash and recycling bags. They will be located under the Campus Activities tent.
- Route & Equipment Drop Off – Drop off/pick up will be located in between I.G. Greer and the Dining Hall. You need one driver to stay with the vehicle at all times and one to two people unloading and moving equipment.
- Setup and Tailgate Start Time – Setup can begin 4.5 hours prior to kick-off, however, alcohol can not consumed until tailgating starts. Tailgating activities can begin 3 hours prior to kick-off (those of age can consume alcohol). For example, if kick-off is at 3:30pm then Setup begins at 11:00am and Tailgating begins at 12:00pm per University Policy.
- Tailgate Stop Time and Breakdown – Tailgating must end thirty minutes before kick-off time. That means your organization will need to breakdown (i.e. ensure tent space and surrounding area are cleaned, supplies and materials packed, tents dismantled and all equipment is removed from Sanford Mall.). For example, if kick-off is at 3:30pm then breakdown begins at 3:00pm per University Policy.