Student Organizations Tailgating on Sanford Mall
The Office of Campus Activities reserves Sanford Mall for tailgating and coordinates tent assignments for all home football games. To be eligible to tailgate, one delegate from a recognized club or organization must have attended tailgate training session during CORE Conference*, August 28 or 29, 2019. Tent spaces are approved and assigned by Campus Activities during a first-come-first-served "lottery" for each home game.
Chamipionship Tailgate Request Process
- Tailgate Request – Submit the App Sync form by Thursday, December 5th at noon prior to the game on Saturday.
- Email Notification on Friday, December 6th - A map with assigned tent space, rules and regulations will be emailed to the person who submitted the request form. That person communicates event details with their club members.
- Equipment Drop Zone - Equipment can be dropped off and picked up at University Drive and Academy Street behind IG Greer Auditorium.
- No Parking – Cars cannot be parked on University Drive or Academy Street or at the Drop Zone. Vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Game Day Info
- Tailgate Assistants – Campus Activities provides student Tailgate Assistants who direct you to your tent space, monitor activities, answer questions, and distribute trash and recycling bags. They are located under the Campus Activities tent.
- Route & Equipment Drop Off - Access University Drive and Academy Street route from Rivers Street to Center Street or from Hardin Street to Dauph Blan Street. The drop off zone is located at University Drive and Academy behind IG Greer Auditorium. You need one driver to stay with the vehicle at all times and one person unloading and moving equipment to Sanford Mall.
- Tailgate Start Time is 9:00 a.m. - Tailgating activities begin no earlier than three hours before game time. If game starts at noon, Tailgating begins at 9:00 a.m. per University Policy.
- Tailgate Stop Time is 11:30 a.m. – Thirty minutes before game time, tent space and surrounding area are cleaned, supplies and materials packed, tents dismantled and all equipment is removed from Sanford Mall.