Student Organizations Tailgating on Sanford Mall
The Office of Campus Activities reserves Sanford Mall for tailgating and coordinates tent assignments for all home football games. To be eligible to tailgate, one delegate from a recognized club or organization must have attended a tailgate training session during CORE Conference. Core Conference 2021 occurred Wednesday, Aug 25 and/or Thursday, Aug 26. Tent spaces are approved and assigned by Campus Activities during a first-come-first-served "lottery" for each home game.
Tailgate Request Process
- Tailgate Request – Submit the Engage form by noontwo days prior to the upcoming game.
- Email Notifications – Notifications will be sent out at least the day before the game. A map with assigned tent space, rules and regulations will be emailed to the person who submitted the request form. That person communicates event details with their club members.
- Equipment Drop Zone – Equipment can be dropped off and picked up at University Drive and Academy Street behind IG Greer Auditorium.
- No Parking – Cars cannot be parked on University Drive or Academy Street or at the Drop Zone. Vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Game Day Information
- Tailgate Assistants – Campus Activities provides student Tailgate Assistants who direct you to your tent space, monitor activities, answer questions, and distribute trash and recycling bags. They will be located under the Campus Activities tent.
- Route & Equipment Drop Off – Access University Drive and Academy Street route from Rivers Street to Center Street or from Hardin Street to Dauph Blan Street. The drop off zone is located at University Drive and Academy behind IG Greer Auditorium. You need one driver to stay with the vehicle at all times and one to two people unloading and moving equipment to Sanford Mall.
- Setup and Tailgate Start Time – Setup can begin 4.5 hours prior to kick-off, however, alcohol can not consumed until tailgating starts. Tailgating activities can begin 3 hours prior to kick-off (those of age can consume alcohol). For example, if kick-off is at 3:30pm then Setup begins at 11:00am and Tailgating begins at 12:00pm per University Policy.
- Tailgate Stop Time and Breakdown – Tailgating must end thirty minutes before kick-off time. That means your organization will need to breakdown (i.e. ensure tent space and surrounding area are cleaned, supplies and materials packed, tents dismantled and all equipment is removed from Sanford Mall.). For example, if kick-off is at 3:30pm then breakdown begins at 3:00pm per University Policy.
CORE Conference PowerPoint
Use the link below to access the PowerPoint presented at the CORE Conference. This PowerPoint presentation has the schedule of home games, map of Sanford Mall, and detailed information about tailgating policies.