In 2009, the Leaders of Distinction Awards were established. Each year we recognize outstanding achievement and leadership of students. Each recipient receives a plaque presented at a reception at the end of the academic year. The staff in the Department of Student Engagement & Leadership, based on their contributions and exceptional academic standing, makes nominations.
Leaders of Distinction Requirements for Nomination:
- The awards are based on college career leadership contributions.
- The student must have made positive contributions to Campus Activities and Leadership Development.
- The student should have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- The student should be a Senior in academic credits.
- The student must be a full-time Appalachian State University student.
- The student must uphold or have upheld leadership positions and have made an impact on the members of their organization and/or the Appalachian community at large.
244 Plemmons Student Union
263 Locust Street
Boone, NC 28608
Phone: (828) 262-6252
Fax: (828) 262-6502
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
219 Plemmons Student Union
Phone: (828) 262-7382
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.