The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place. Read the latest updates.
Campus Activities Coronavirus FAQs
Campus Activities Coronavirus FAQs In keeping consistent with the University’s response to the COVID-19 virus concerns. Please see below to answer some frequently asked questions moving forward. Information will be updated as the University moves forward.
Is the Campus Activities office open?
In response to University guidance regarding COVID-19, the Campus Activities staff is both working in the office and remotely and is available to support students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a virtual meeting with a staff member.
What virtual events are being offered?
Some in-person and countless virtual engagement opportunities are available. Please visit Engage for ALL events and programs.
How do I get Club/Organization mail/packages/checks from Club Hub?
Club Hub is open Monday through Thursday noon to 8pm for mail pick-up.
Can I still hold my club meetings or events in the fall?
- Clubs must follow all state, federal, and university policies including CDC guidelines!
- We encourage Clubs and Organizations to continue to meet virtually. App students have access to use Zoom <https://appstate.zoom.us/> to host and record meetings. Here are some *quick tutorials*.
- Clubs may meet according to current policies and guidelines regarding gatherings, social distancing, and face-coverings. If your club chooses to meet in-person, you should provide an opportunity for other members to join virtually in case they are uncomfortable or unable to join in-person.
- You MUST create Engage events and track attendance at all meetings and events. We have purchased the Event Check-in App for contactless attendance tracking at in-person events!
- Please contact PSU at (828) 262-3032 or email Christopher Farthing with questions or concerns.
Can my planned new member education/initiation/induction still take place?
All new member education/intake processes should be conducted virtually through Zoom (if possible). Clubs must follow all state, federal, and university policies including CDC guidelines.
Can my club or organization travel for conferences, club-related events, or club socials?
Club travel is not encouraged. However, if your club needs to travel, we strongly encourage you to use an abundance of caution. The University has provided the following: “Transportation Safety Guidelines for COVID-19”
Will Club Council continue to grant funds to clubs?
At this point, Club Council will not be allocating funds for Educational Travel.
If I need to get in contact with someone from Campus Activities, how should I do that?
We will be checking our email@example.com account regularly.
What resources are available to handle the stress of this semester?
- App’s Counseling & Psychological Services has some helpful information.
- Here are Wellness & Prevention Services programs and special social-distancing events
- The CDC also has some tips on managing stress and anxiety.
In the meantime, Campus Activities encourages you to be mindful and informed about how you best support your clubs and organizations, officers, and members. Here are some helpful tips:
Keep yourself healthy
- Wash your hands often (don’t forget to wash for at least 20 seconds with warm, soapy water! Wash to your favorite song OR our favorite, the App State Fight Song!)
- If you are feeling especially anxious, know you are not alone! You can always contact the Counseling Center at (828) 262-3180.
More info on Zoom
- Moving meetings or events to an online or virtual format using the Zoom Online Meeting Platform to accommodate members who may not remain near campus. Zoom may be helpful for full organization meetings, committee meetings, interviews, one-on-one conversations, and more.
- Zoom is a web-based conferencing platform that is accessible on macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android mobile devices. App students, faculty, and staff can create virtual meetings that can be joined by anyone in the world with a simple link. Up to 300 people can participate in a Zoom meeting.
- There is a screen-sharing feature that would allow a PowerPoint or documents to be displayed and discussed as well as a recording option if the content would like to be recorded in advance and distributed to organization members.
- Zoom One Minute Video Tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials
Utilizing Engage for your Clubs & Organizations
- Elections The elections tool can be used to hold internal elections or polls for your organization. Here is information on Creating an Organization Election.
- News The news organization tools can be used to share news posts and distribute information to your organization’s members. Here is a News Organization Tool Overview
- Roster Messaging The organization tool can be used to easily communicate with all the members listed on your organization’s roster. Here are instructions on Creating a Message Relay.
As a reminder, the Campus Activities staff is here to support you and your organizations. If you have any further questions throughout this time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.