Follow the 3Ws and do your Daily Health Check before leaving your residence hall or coming to campus.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated June 10, 2020 at 8:20 a.m.
Campus Activities Coronavirus FAQs
Campus Activities Coronavirus FAQs In keeping consistent with the University’s response to the COVID-19 virus concerns, all Student Affairs-sponsored events, and programming through April 7 have been canceled or postponed. Please see below to answer some frequently asked questions moving forward. Information will be updated as the University moves forward.
Is the Campus Activities office open?
In response to University guidance regarding COVID-19, the Campus Activities staff is working remotely and is available to support students. Please email email@example.com if you would like to schedule a virtual meeting with a staff member.
What virtual events are being offered?
We are currently planning to be on-campus in August and preparing both virtual and in-person engagement opportunities.
How do I get Club/Organization mail/packages/checks from Club Hub?
Club Hub is currently closed. At this moment, your mail/packages will be held until the end of the semester. If there is a package or piece of mail that you need immediately, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward it or arrange for you to pick it up from the PSU Info Desk.
Can I still hold my club meetings or events in the fall?
We encourage Clubs and Organizations to continue to communicate virtually. App students have access to use Zoom <https://appstate.zoom.us/> to host and record meetings. Here are some *quick tutorials*.
Please contact PSU at (828) 262-3032 or email David Tye or Christopher Farthing with questions or concerns.
Can I make room reservations for Fall 2020?
Not right now. Please contact Christopher Farthing (email@example.com) for the most up-to-date information about Student Union reservations for the upcoming academic year.
Can my planned new member education/initiation/induction still take place?
All new member education/intake processes should be conducted virtually through Zoom (if possible). We highly discourage large meetings on or off-campus. If your organization has a special circumstance (small chapter, cluster/regional initiation), please be in contact with the Fraternity & Sorority Life Team.
Can my club or organization travel for conferences, club-related events, or club socials?
For the most current information regarding travel, please visit https://www.appstate.edu/go/coronavirus/travel/
As of March 11, university-sponsored travel outside the state of North Carolina was suspended. University-sponsored travel within the state of North Carolina to gatherings of 100 or more people was suspended. This includes student organizations.
Will Club Council continue to grant funds to clubs?
At this point, Club Council will not be allocating funds for On-Campus Educational Programming or Educational Travel until we have more direction from the University.
If I need to get in contact with someone from Campus Activities, how should I do that?
We will be checking our firstname.lastname@example.org account regularly.
What resources are available to handle the stress of this semester?
- App’s Counseling & Psychological Services has some helpful information.
- Here are Wellness & Prevention Services programs and special social-distancing events
- The CDC also has some tips on managing stress and anxiety.
In the meantime, Campus Activities encourages you to be mindful and informed about how you best support your clubs and organizations, officers, and members. Here are some helpful tips:
Keep yourself healthy
- Wash your hands often (don’t forget to wash for at least 20 seconds with warm, soapy water! Wash to your favorite song OR our favorite, the App State Fight Song!)
- If you are feeling especially anxious, know you are not alone! You can always contact the Counseling Center at (828) 262-3180.
More info on Zoom
- Moving meetings or events to an online or virtual format using the Zoom Online Meeting Platform to accommodate members who may not remain near campus. Zoom may be helpful for full organization meetings, committee meetings, interviews, one-on-one conversations, and more.
- Zoom is a web-based conferencing platform that is accessible on macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android mobile devices. App students, faculty, and staff can create virtual meetings that can be joined by anyone in the world with a simple link. Up to 300 people can participate in a Zoom meeting.
- There is a screen-sharing feature that would allow a PowerPoint or documents to be displayed and discussed as well as a recording option if the content would like to be recorded in advance and distributed to organization members.
- Zoom One Minute Video Tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials
Utilizing AppSync for your Clubs & Organizations
- Elections The elections tool can be used to hold internal elections or polls for your organization. Here is information on Creating an Organization Election.
- News The news organization tools can be used to share news posts and distribute information to your organization’s members. Here is a News Organization Tool Overview
- Roster Messaging The organization tool can be used to easily communicate with all the members listed on your organization’s roster. Here are instructions on Creating a Message Relay.
As a reminder, the Campus Activities staff is here to support you and your organizations. If you have any further questions throughout this time, please email us at email@example.com.