Frequently Asked Questions

Can I check out books from the Center's Resource Library?

Yes. Books are due back within two weeks of checkout date.

How can I get a copy of my co-curricular transcript?

You can get an unofficial copy of your transcript (also called the Student Development record) by going to the Registrar's Office home page and opening the "Registration and Student Information" section. You can request an official transcript at the Career Development Center in the Academic Support Building at any time throughout your collegiate career.

Can my club publish a web site?

Recognized student organizations are permitted to develop web sites utilizing University resources for the purpose of promoting their organizations. The Office of Campus Activities will assist clubs in this effort; however, it is the responsibility of the club to identify someone to coordinate the development and management of the site.

Are there rules and policies concerning clubs and organizations?

Yes. While some information can be found on this web site, the complete Guidelines for Student Organizations manual are available here.

Where is the the Office of Campus Activities located?

The Office of Campus Activities is located in the McCaskey Center in Suite 224 on the second floor of the Plemmons Student Union.

How do I start a new club?

The Guidelines for Student Organizations manual lists the entire procedure and is available in the McCaskey Center office at no cost. Minimum standards for recognition include a full-time member of the faculty or administrative staff who will serve as advisor to the group, a constitution, and a minimum of ten student members.

How do I make an appointment to speak with an Office of Campus Activities staff member?

Call the McCaskey Center at 262-6252. The student receptionist on duty will be happy to make an appointment for you.

Can my club send free mass mailings?

Yes, provided you follow University and Post Office regulations. Stop by the McCaskey Center for a complete set of guidelines.

Can my club rent University vehicles?

Yes. One of the benefits of University recognition is the right of clubs and organizations to rent University vehicles through the Motor Pool, at a nominal charge. Cars, vans, and buses are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Stop by the McCaskey Center for a complete set of guidelines. Please note that all paperwork, including payment, must be turned in to the McCaskey Center Office Manager 10 working days prior to the trip date.

Contact Us

Campus Activities Logo
McCaskey Center:
244 Plemmons Student Union
263 Locust Street
Boone, NC 28608

Phone: (828) 262-6252
Fax: (828) 262-6502

Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Club Hub:

219 Plemmons Student Union
Phone: (828) 262-7382

Monday - Thursday: 10am - 8pm
Friday: 10am - 5pm

App Sync  Full name  Black 1250x326

CU Thrive Block

Let's Get Social!

Facebook Logo Instagram Logo Envelope Icon